Free online software for teachers to create digital calendars!
- Option to create multiple calendars, all you have to do is name it and you have begun!
- Ability to edit the calendar at any time (change the content, fonts, colors)
- Order your calendars chronologically, or however you’d like on the homepage
- All calendars will be displayed when logged in, simply click ‘view calendar’ to access the complete version
- Create , or . Calendar can be shared simply through email.
- Days will appear as the image shows, hovering over will allow you to view the details about the day.
Ease of use:
The site is incredibly simple to use. Upon accessing it for the first time will appear, clicking on this will explain what buttons do, and how to create, view, edit, and share a calendar. I had no difficulties or confusions when using the site.
Microsoft word will also allow teachers to create a calendar. However, Assign-A-Day allows more features like sharing your calendar with others via e-mail. It also condenses the information for the day and allows you to hover over the day to view the rest of the information. Assign-A-Day also stores the calendars all on one page in any order you’d like, unlike Microsoft where you have to scroll and search for the one you want.
This tool greatly increases the teacher’s productivity in the classroom. Keeping this information online is a more organized method, and cannot be lost because everything is accessed through a log-in. Typing the information is much quicker than handwriting the calendar and it is a quick reminder as to what the topic of the lesson is, what the activity is and the objective.
In the classroom…
Teacher can display the view of the day on the projector. This way, students will know what they will be doing, questions they will be answering and what they will be learning. It is quicker than writing it out, and gives the students a nice preview of the lesson.
It is useful for substitutes, aides, student teachers, or other teachers in the building. Teachers can share their calendar with these people in case they are absent. This is a quick and productive way for them to communicate with each other. Simply type in their email and they have access to the calendar!